Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Little Bro the Marine

My younger brother Brian, sent me an email a few days ago with a couple of pictures. He is serving in Iraq until the first part of March. He was promoted to Sergeant last month. He will never quite know how proud his sis is of him. He is an amazing person with the funnest personality. He makes me laugh repeatedly when I am with him or when I talk to him... and his laugh is contagious. When he called me last month, I squealed like a little kid when I figured out it was him on the line. How would it be to know that your sister adores you that much? We talked for well over an hour. I wish we could talk all the time. He told me the sunsets in Iraq are pretty cool and I told him to send me a pic. Yeah, they are pretty cool.

There is something sobering about seeing my little bro in his camies in front of all these military vehicles. Makes it a reality. My mom said she sat and cried when she saw the picture.


The young women in my ward made cards for all the marines in Brian's plattoon. Here they are showing off the cards they got in their package. He said they were pretty excited to get them. I bet they don't get fun things in the mail hardly ever. My heart goes out to these guys during the holidays. I know that they are all missing their families and want to be here. We sure miss them too. I can't wait til Brian gets home and I can hang out with him again. I love you Brian!

2 comments:

Ginga said...

That is a gorgeous sunset-its so weird to see little Brian all geared up. :)

Pete & Kenna said...

That is a pretty sunset. It's hard to have your lil bro gone isn't it?! My lil bro gets home in a year and I can't wait. I can't imagine having a little bro in Iraq though, what a brave guy. That is so sweet that you had the young women write to them what a wonderful Christmas present!