Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

Last year we started a little tradition of decorating gingerbread houses at mom's. I spend more time laughing at everything going on than actually decorating my house. Mick deserted me this year and went in to sleep on the couch. Big bum. Then he comes back at the end to give his 2 cents. It was not wanted. . . let's just say that. Just because the dumb shrubbery tipped over and my wreaths did not look like wreaths! See what happens when the main contractor leaves the job site?

We had a pretty killer fence around our property until Emma got up on the table to help Alan and Emilie by putting sprinkles in their front yard and she mashed it with her butt. It was hilarious. Alan and I were laughing saying mom would have had a heart attack if it had been her house. Hers was perfect in every way. Ty made all the little icecicles hanging from the roof. I did not have the patience for that. He patiently made them all the way around.
The kids are truly like their mother, one piece of candy in the mouth and the next on the house. I think I spilled more of the little candies on the floor than any of the kids put together. Their little house turned out so good. Pretty soon Ty just had the frosting bag up to his mouth squirting it in there for easier access. If I was a frosting person I would have done the same thing. Mom told him to knock it off and he said "but my dad said it was ok." She didn't have much to say to that.

There were sprinkles ALL over the floor. Mom says that next year we get to do it at my house.

Emma helped me build the fence. How ironic considering her butt flattened it so fast. It was cute having her put her little candies in random spots all over.

It was so much fun to do this. I love to spend time w/ my family. It is only my memories and relationships that I will keep with me forever. Alan and Em came w/ Sammy. Chris and Kita were there and Mom. Mark and Shae couldn't make it this year - hopefully next. And I just could never see my dad decorating a gingerbread house. That is not his style whatsoever. :) The funny thing is that I forgot that our houses were in the back of the suburban for a few days and they rode around all over the place. Definitely good times together.




2 comments:

Emilie Johansen said...

That was so much fun. Ours is our centerpiece on our table. You'll have to send me the pictures because you got way more then I did, and I am sure they are way better then mine.

Ginga said...

Gingerbread houses are the best - I have the candy to make ours, just no motivation - guess I better get with it. Did your mom make the gingerbread - they look spectacular!!