Thursday, December 4, 2008

Getting wood or playtime?

We recently put in a woodburning stove in the living room area off the kitchen. So we went up to Mick's parent's cabin and got a truckload of wood for the winter. We've used it every day since we got the wood and it sure is nice, especially at night after the kids go to bed to curl up on the couch in front of it.
Mick really gets into his wood cutting. Apparently the chainsaw made him feel well.... I'm not sure. He's a nut!
Little Lucious was such a good helper to carry her logs over to the truck. I think it's really good for them to learn to work when they're young. I'm really glad my parents made me work as hard as I did when I was younger. I sure didn't like it at the time, but it has stuck with me now in the real world. Thanks mom and dad.

Bethany was stacking the wood at first in the truck. But it got all crazy in there after a while. She did her best though.

Ty and Bet would carry a couple of loads over to the truck and then they would announce they needed a "break". There was a rope swing right by where we were cutting that would tempt them beyond their limits. How convenient for them. Pretty soon they were over there playing on that instead of working. Eventually it would turn into a fight over whose turn lasted the longest on the swing. It just wasn't FAIR.

It was fun to watch these two play on the swing. It was so cute to listen to Hana and Emma giggling while they tried to hang onto it. Emma landed on her rear a couple of times and they would both just laugh and laugh.




1 comment:

Lara said...

I'm a little scared of that picture of Mick but I am glad that the kids had a good time. Love the cabin!