Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Decorating the tree

The first family night in December the kids were begging us to decorate the Christmas tree. They would have never let us rest until we had done it! I didn't put one ornament on, I just sat watched and took pictures. It was a lot funner that way I thought.


Can poor Emma even see what she's doing with her hair in her eyes? By the end of the day her hair had fallen out of it's clip and being the mother of the year that I am, I had not redone it. It was so cute how she decorated, she hung everything in little clumps. I have not had the heart to move anything further up towards the top where it is ornament deprived. It is special just the way it is.

On tip toe to reach that perfect spot.


This picture makes me laugh. Hana always has the funniest facial expressions. You can read her like a book just by her face (kinda like her mama). She's apparently pleased with the spot she chose.

They even all clapped when good old Dad put the star up on top of the tree. They were so proud of the finished product.








3 comments:

Ginga said...

I was so not into decorating the tree this year - no motivation. Dave brought everything up and the boys did it for me pretty much. Our tree only has decorations on the one side and only as far up as the boys can reach. I thinks its pretty cute that way though - I've come a long way from having to have it be perfect.

Pete & Kenna said...

How fun! Your tree is so pretty I love it. Oh how I love this time of year! :)

Lara said...

I love that last picture of the kids. That is so cute, but Ty looks like he is all grown up. Ohhhh! Your tree looks good too. : )