Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve Sledding!

On Christmas Eve day, Mick got a wild hair to pull out the 4 wheeler and pull the kids behind it in the snow out in a field across the street from our house. Our very good friends, David and Carrie, were on the same brain wavelength (as always) and had gone out to play in the field too. Thanks heavens Mick has me to "weigh down" the back end of the 4 wheeler to give it traction so it will go in the snow. Isn't he so lucky to have a bigger wife than he is?



Carrie and I decided to brave the tube with David pulling us around. All I could do was laugh as we were going faster and faster. He even almost rammed us into the other 4 wheeler - I seriously thought we were going to nail it, but we only hit it with Carrie's foot. He's a wild man!

This shot says it all. . . he is having a blast!

Bethany and Brittany


I felt like the mom off A Chrismas Story getting Emma all bundled up in her snow clothes to go outside. Hey, but at least she stayed warm! After being a good sport about being pulled around in the sled, she opted for hanging out with dad on the 4 wheeler. She must have figured it was safer there. Or maybe the fact that she didn't have snow flying in her face. Can't say I blame her.
Ariana also voted after a while to hop on the wheeler with Mom and Dad.

My little man.
They couldn't figure out how to fit all 3 of them on the tube, so they just had Bet pile on top of them. Whatever works. . . and it did.

I love this shot because they both have their faces buried to keep them from getting snow all over them. I don't think Ty can even see where he's going his hat is pulled down so far.

2 comments:

Pete & Kenna said...

How fun! Looks really cold though! Emma does look really bundled up, I'm glad she didn't have to go potty when you finally got everything on her. ;)

Lara said...

That picture of Ty is classic. I love it! You could win a contest or something.
I love sledding too - minus the cold part. I heard of somebody using an old satellite dish behind a 4-wheeler. We'll have to keep our eyes open for that. Ha! Sounded like fun anyway.