Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Egg Coloring and Hunting

While we were camping out to Cherry Creek on Easter weekend, we colored easter eggs and had an easter egg hunt. It is actually quite nice because the mess is outside and it doesn't matter as much if things spill.



After we colored the eggs, I put them in the fridge in the trailer. All of us go out to the sand dunes and make little trenches down a dune and race our eggs down the hill. Right before we were going to head out, I discovered that Hana and Emma had decided to "eat" all the easter eggs in the trailer. The shells and crushed up pieces of egg were all over the table, the seats, the couch, the counters, and the floor. It was everywhere. Let's just say I was not a happy camper! I have no idea what possessed them to do this, but it stunk and it took quite a while to clean up. Luckily some of our friends had a little vacuum out there and I was able to clean it up easier with that. So there were not any eggs to race down the hill this year.
Then we came back and had the candy hunt. Most of us were too lazy to put candy in plastic eggs and we just hid the candy around camp. The kids don't seem to care anyhow about the eggs, they just want what is inside!
Ty loaded up pretty good, he was on the move and didn't waste an ounce of time looking.
Emma had fallen asleep and I went to wake her up because I thought she would be sad if she missed the candy hunt. Oh no! She did not want to be bothered. I brought her outside and she just boobed and bawled and carried on, so I took her back inside and she threw a fit on the couch. I should have just left the beast sleeping.
Bet and Hana came away with a pretty good haul. They had their easter baskets, but for some reason they wanted to use baggies instead. I do not know. . . It wasn't too long after this that it started to rain. I was so glad that the weather held out good for us all weekend. We really did have a great time in spite of the egg mess and Emma's tantrum! :)

No comments: