Monday, April 20, 2009

Camping Easter Weekend

Off to Cherry Creek we went for Easter weekend to go camping with a bunch of friends.

Hana Bugs

The kids had spring break the same weekend so we were able to leave Wed. evening and stay until Sat. night. Most of our other friends came out either Thurs. or Fri. Thurs. was a fun day because it was just our family for a while and it was good to spend time together. Ty had me running from tree to tree using them as our hideouts and a stick as my gun. I had to explain to him that I didn't fit in his hideouts quite as well as he did. I had sticks and dirt all over in my hair but we had a blast. Dad and the girls were the enemy in the trailer and we were spying on them. I told him that I would have loved to have had someone as cool and imaginative as him to play with when I was a kid.

The weather was supposed to be crap, but it held out for us until Sat. afternoon. We didn't care though, a bunch of us geared up and went out for a ride in the rain. I loved it. I had to take my goggles off though because I couldn't see a thing.

Ariana had a blast riding around in this little jeep. At one point there was a whole cluster of kids running behind it and holding onto the bumper to be dragged around in the sand.
There were so many kids for our kids to play with. Bethany and Isiac (Ray and Joanne's little boy) were the "hot" little item. They imformed us all that they were more than just friends. When someone asked Bet what that meant she said " you know... he likes me and I like him!" Good answer Bet!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Looks like such a fun time. I am glad the weather held off. We'll have to go camping together sometime this summer.

Ginga said...

Wish we could have come - sniff, sniff.