Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I am ALL DONE with class!

My last day was Saturday! I took my written and practical test for the HazMat Ops class (Yuck). Luckily so far I have passed the written and practical tests for Fire I and II. I could have sworn that I failed the written on those two - they were so dang hard! I have also passed the HazMat Awareness written test and my practicals for HazMat Ops. I still have a few weeks until I find out if I passed the written exam from last Sat. If that comes back all good, I will be officially Fire I and II certified with the state. It has been so much work (a whole lot more than I anticipated), but I have learned so much and made really close friends w/ the others on the dept and surrounding depts. I have really missed being home with my family and having spare time to get things done. I am so excited to have my life back and I have so many big plans and projects to get going on. Thanks to my buddy Mick for taking care of my kids while I was gone every Tuesday and Thursday nights and all day every Saturday. What a trooper. My kids were also awesome. It was hard for them to have their mama gone all the time. I couldn't have done it without their support.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Congratulations! I know you have worked so hard for this.

Ginga said...

Yay!! Its about time!!!

We are having lunch on Monday at Steph Bezzants - let me know if you want to come and I can tell you what to bring. :)