Saturday, January 10, 2009

Airborn Sledding!

We had our very first sledding adventure of the New Year. There were jumps at the bottom of a couple of the sled hills and thanks to my new found toy from Mick on Christmas, I was able to catch some pretty fun shots. It was a warm day which was perfect to be outside. We invited our good friends Brett and Andrea to come too.
What a good daddy Mick is. Our kids think the world absolutely revolves around him... as they should. Mick and I were saying that it was nice because we are finally to the point that we can go sledding with the kids and don't have to pack them up the hill every time. It makes it so much funner when you you aren't completely dead after 2 runs. Emma actually climbed the hills most of the time all by herself.
Ariana spent most of the time sliding down this hill on her hind end. She got moving pretty good too. She is always so animated at everything she does.
Even Lucious catches air off the little jump at the bottom of the butt hill. It was so cute to watch her hike the hill and slide down and do it over and over again. It's amazing how something like that can keep a little one so entertained for such a long time. She loved it.
Bet did pretty good about not landing on her head until this one. Luckily she wasn't too hurt.
Then Mick and I decided that we needed to get in on the action. . .
When you were a kid you didn't really worry to much about flying off jumps with just a little tiny piece of plastic between your tailbone and the ground, but as an adult. . . in midair you realize that this is going to kick my butt. The very first run I went down, Brett told me he scored it a 1 and so I couldn't be judged with just a 1 so I had to go up the hill even farther to get a better score. Luckily I did better the next few times around.
I love this pic because Hana is just a squealing and laughing all the way down the hill with her daddy. Mick has his foot out as if that's going to stop them from the jump at the bottom.

4 comments:

Lara said...

Those are some great pictures. "Wicked sweet" I dare say. What an awesome family. I can't wait to be able to take Ella sledding.

Justin

Pete & Kenna said...

Those are awesome mid air pics! Looks like a blast. You guys need to come watch a movie with us sometime soon. We haven't seen you guys for a long time.:(

Emilie Johansen said...

Those pictures are so great, that camera looks like it is doing a good job of getting everything:)I love it.

Jensen Family said...

Cute Babe
I'm so glad that you have a blog and we can see what is going on in each others lives. You'll never know about me because I never update it but o well. Love you and keep up with the amazing pics. Tell Mick he's a sweetie.